- A community representative reaches out to you.
- We confirm your identity and reach out with a confirmation and some follow-up questions.
- We publicly announce the AMA on our socials, including the Subreddit.
- You post from your Reddit Account as soon as the agreed day/time arrives for the AMA.
- We mark this post as an official AMA post and pin it.
- The community team remains online with you to resolve any of your queries or problems during the AMA.
- You start answering questions for a previously agreed interval time (E.g., 24 hrs).
Guidelines for AMA
- Check out any of our past AMAs for reference on how an AMA post can look like.
- For proof of identity, you can just create a post from your official LinkedIn/Twitter account and paste the link in the post description after we have announced the AMA on our social channels.
- We request hosts to announce their AMA on their socials so that it reaches out to your audience as well. Feel free to tag us on LinkedIn or X (Formerly Twitter) while doing so.
- If you work in an organization, we will mention (& tag) those organizations when we announce the AMA. We request you to let the social media team at your workplace know about this. We will need your help in bumping the event.
During the AMA
- You don’t need to answer any questions via DM. Hosts are recommended to close their DMs to keep trollers and unwanted chat requests away. You can do this by visiting the URL https://new.reddit.com/settings/messaging on Reddit web.
- You don’t have to reveal any personal details like address, email, etc.
- Reach out to moderators if someone is trying to troll people in threads, spreading hate, or is being rude. We won’t tolerate people creating a ruckus. However, the volunteer team will already be actively taking care of this.
- We recommend hosts, that they address the question in batches, a lot of questions may start popping up one after another which may overwhelm you. Please take frequent breaks during the AMA.
- During the AMA, if you think some questions are getting repeated, feel free to ignore them. Optionally, you can create a summarized answer which we can pin to the thread.
- The AMA duration is totally based on your availability, it can go anything from 2 to 3 hours to 24 hours as well.
- During the AMA, someone from the volunteer team will constantly be in touch with you to clarify any questions or resolve any issues.
- After the AMA has ended, we will lock the post so that no one can ask any more questions. It’s also an indicator for everyone else that the Host is no longer available to answer any further questions.
- After the AMA, has ended, We recommend hosts edit the original post and say their goodbyes to the community.